Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music smartwatch has been announced today and the biggest highlight of the wearable is that it adds a music player as well as local storage with space for 500 songs that you can play directly from your watch via Bluetooth headphones and it’s a GPS smartwatch.
The Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music smartwatch has been priced at $299.99 (roughly Rs. 20,300), around $50 (roughly Rs. 3,400) more than the Garmin Vivoactive 3. It is already available in the US, and bands of different sizes are available for purchase separately for $29.99 (roughly Rs. 2,000).
Garmin lets you download offline music playlists from iHeartRadio, with Deezer said to be coming soon. Unfortunately, more popular streaming music services from Spotify, Amazon, Google, and Apple aren’t supported. But if it’s any consolation, you can always transfer music directly to the smartwatch from your computer.
Garmin vivoactive 3 Music Specifications
- 1.2-inch (240 x 240 pixels) full-color Garmin Chroma sunlight-visible Display, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- Dimensions: 43.1 x 43.1 x 13.6 mm; Weight: 39g
- Water resistant (5 ATM)
- Compatible with Android and iPhone
- Step counter, Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)
- Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
- Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep) , Calories burned, Floors climbed , Distance traveled, Intensity minutes , TrueUp , Move IQ
- Music Storage: up to 500 songs
- More than 15 pre-loaded GPS and indoor sports apps – Strength Training, Cardio Training, Elliptical Training, Stair Stepping, Floor Climbing, Indoor Rowing and Yoga, Cardio workouts, Strength workouts , Automatic rep counting
- Sensors: GPS / GLONASS , Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate monitor , Barometric altimeter, Compass, Accelerometer , Thermometer
- Battery life: up to 7 days in smartwatch mode;5 hours in GPS mode with music; up to 13 hours with GPS mode and without Music