Huawei unleashed its first Honor-series notebook named the Huawei Honor MagicBook. Honor claims, the MagicBook is a high-end lightweight ultrabook which aims at providing a solid performance at an affordable price tag. The laptop earns its design points after having been inspired by Apple’s MacBook Air.
MagicBook comes with a 14-inch screen that looks like it’s been packed inside a 13-inch form factor due to its ultra-thin bezels on all sides.
The display is a Full HD IPS panel with minimal bezels that offer a screen-to-body ratio of 80-percent and can be opened up all the way to 180-degrees. Honor claims that the ultrabook will offer 250 nits of brightness, 800:1 contrast ratio and a 45 percent color gamut in NTSC.
Honor MagicBook Price
The Honor MagicBook will be offered in Glacier Silver, Nebula Purple and Star Grey color options, and two different configurations. The base model with Intel i5 process will set you back by RMB 4,999, which is approximately Rs 52,500, whereas the top-end model with Intel i7 is priced at RMB 5,699, which is roughly Rs 59,800.
Pre-orders for the MagicBook start today, whereas the first sale will take place on April 23. However, there is no word on whether or not Honor plans to bring the ultrabook to India.
Honor MagicBook Specifications
- 14-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 16:9 aspect ratio, 250 nits brightness, 800:1 contrast
- 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U (3.4GHz) / i7-8550U processor (4GHz) with 2GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForce MX150 GPU
- 8GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD
- Windows 10 Home
- 1MP HD webcam, built-in dual digital microphones
- WiFi 802.11ac 2×2 (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1
- USB Type-C x 1, USB 3.0 (Type A) x 1, USB 2.0 (Type A) x 1
- 3.5mm audio jack, microphone combo, 4 speakers, Dolby Atmos, Spill-resistant Back-lit Keyboard
- 57.4Wh battery with up to 12h of local video playback
- Dimensions: 360.7 x 243.6mm x 15.9mm; Weight: 1.95kg