The official unveiling of the 2017 iPhone models are just around the corner, and coming next week, all rumours of the anniversary edition iPhone will be put to rest. But before that happens, rumours have achieved peak frequency, and we have varied new information about the iPhone 8 or iPhone Edition (whatever it may be called) leaked online.
According to new reports, the SIM trays of the new iPhone models suggest the arrival of the ‘Copper Gold’ or ‘Blush Gold’ colour variant. Supply chain sources are also reported to claim that the anniversary edition iPhone will be made available in very limited quantities at launch.
This weekend, veteran leaker Evan Blass tweeted that he’s “heard” the new flagship called the iPhone X —and others report that what we’ve been calling the may actually be the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus. (The case makers’ lobby has doubled-down on the iPhone Edition for the 10th anniversary model, via MacRumors.)
Apple has sent out invitations for an event on September 12 at its newly built headquarters in Cupertino, California. where it is widely expected to unveil its new iPhone.
The invitation has the tagline “Let’s meet at our place” and boasts a colourful picture of the Apple logo.
If the rumors are true, Apple’s new iPhones will see the light of day in about a week. We’ll continue to count down the days, assembling all of the rumors below.
- The iPhone is expected to come with a price tag of around $1,000 (expect India price of nearly Rs. 1 Lakh.
- The iPhone 8 possibly comes with a new design, which is said to include two layers of glass with a metal frame sandwiched between them.
- Screen size could be 5.8-inch. We have also heard of the OLED panel
- The iPhone 8 is expected to come with a redesigned camera, Will have two cameras on the rear and one regular camera.
- The redesign will possibly allow Apple to offer wireless charging with the iPhone 8.
- Apple introduced artificial reality APIs in the iOS 11, the software that is going to be inside the iPhone 8.
- iPhone 8 is expected to do away with physical Home button. As for the TouchID .
- The iPhone 8 will powered by the Apple A11 processor and is sure to come with at least 32GB internal storage and maximum of 512GB of internal storage with 3GB of RAM.
- The Apple iPhone 8 will support face recognition and users will be able to unlock the phone using face recognition technology. The phone will probably sport a sensor on the front that will help users to get better face recognition even when the light is low.
For More Specifications…