Stephen Hawking was born January 8, 1942, on the 300th anniversary of Galileo’s death. He died today, March 14th, on the anniversary of Einstein’s birth. Time is circular – no beginning, no end. Stephen Hawking, the brilliant British theoretical physicist who overcame a debilitating disease to publish wildly popular books probing the mysteries of the universe, has died, according to a family spokesman. He was 76.
Remembering Stephen Hawking, a renowned physicist and ambassador of science. His theories unlocked a universe of possibilities that we & the world are exploring. May you keep flying like superman in micro-gravity, as you said to astronauts on @Space_Station in 2014.
Stephen Hawking: Scientist’s most memorable quotes
- Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
- However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.
- I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.
- We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the universe. That makes us something very special.
- We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet.
- If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn’t turn out very well for the Native Americans.
- Not only does God play dice, but… he sometimes throws them where they cannot be seen.
- The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
- God may exist, but science can explain the universe without the need for a creator.
- My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.