UNISOC, (the semiconductor company, has launched its latest chipsets, SC9832E, and SC9863 with Cortex A53 cores at an event in India market that aim at offering smartphones with premium features yet at affordable prices.
The company says that the chipsets have been designed specifically to enable a seamless user experience for machine learning and AR/VR related applications.
“India is the most important market for us and we are focused on helping the Indian market stay ahead of the technological curve,” said Adam Zeng, CEO UNISOC.
He said smartphones based on these newly launched chipsets would hit the market around August-September. Some of the brands that may launch smartphones using these chipsets include Samsung, Karbonn, Lava, Micromax and Intex.
Besides the smartphone makers, Jeng said his company is working closely with the Indian mobile operators including Reliance Jio, to bring affordable 4G VoLTE smartphones to Indian consumers.
“Our association with Jio started three years back and we co-designed its 4G LTE feature phone,” Jeng said. “We are in similar talks with other operators including Airtel, Vodafone and Idea Cellular”.
UNISOC SC9863 processor specifications
- Up to 1.6GHz ARM Cortex-A55 cores x 8
- Supports 1080P HD video playback as well as FHD+ (1080 x 2160 pixels) displays
- 16MP at 30fps with a 3xCSI 4+4+2 Lane/4xCSI 4+2+2+2 Lane interface / 16MP + 5MP dual cameras
- 3D Face ID capability based on deep neural networks, offering fast, accurate face authentication
- Real-time intelligent context detection and recognition offering intelligent identification and classification of images in the photo gallery
- SLAM algorithm offers smooth, stable AR photography and video, and achieves high-precision 3D imaging and modeling functions based on IR structured light.
- Real-time image processing and 3D noise reduction (3DNR)
- VoLTE Cat4 modem with Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) capable of supporting 4G+4G (LTE/WCDMA/GSM +LTE/WCDMA/GSM) or 4G+3G (LTE/WCDMA/GSM + WCDMA/GSM) configurations, as well as Wi-Fi bgn/BT4.2/FM/GPS+Gionass/Beidou
UNISOC SC9832E processor specifications
- Up to 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 cores x 4
- 28nm HPC+ processor technology
- 680 MHz Mali-T820 MP1 GPU, OpenGL ES 3.0 and Vulkan 1.0 GPU API
- 667MHz eMMC 5.1/LPDDR3 memory controller
- Supports 1080P HD video playback, HD + (720 × 1440 pixels) display
- 13MP at 30fps with 2xCSI 4+4 Lane/3x CSI 4+2+2 Lane interface
- Dual SIM Dual Standby capable of supporting 4G+4G or 4G+3G configurations, as well as Wi-Fi bgn/BT4.2/FM/GPS+Glonass